A much more pleasant term and broader to encompass the purging and organizing aspect of getting a fresh start for the spring!
There are so many areas to talk about within this concept of “Spring Clearing” so keep in touch. Let’s start small and work our way up to the largest tasks it and for those organizers out there…..capture some of these ideas and work through them with your clients.
I tackled this one myself last weekend when it was pouring cats and dogs outside! That pile of wonderful magazines that have accumulated over the past months or years. It is so easy to allow this to happen. Don’t procrastinate any longer…it’s time to deal with them, try these ideas to free up space and perhaps save some money:
- Limit the number of subscriptions, perhaps one per interest, or rotate your subscriptions each year – you only have so much free time to read them
- Donate magazines to dental or doctor’s offices, or any place there is a waiting room
- If they are current issues(no more than three months old) then you might approach Good Will to donate them
- Share subscriptions with your family members, a friend or your next door neighbour
- Tear out articles and file them in a “To Read” or “Resource” file and recycle the rest of the magazine
- Cancel subscriptions and search for your favourite topics on the internet